viernes, 15 de agosto de 2008

anything BUT a pack rat

Sharing an apartment with someone that saves everything (cute little stones, interesting leaves, junk mail that one day might come in handy, EVERYTHING) I feel a need to be the total opposite. Dealing with scraps is especially difficult for me as I don’t always have enough storage space, so I tend to use them regularly, sometimes even more than newly acquired fabric.

A few days ago I decided to play around with some tiny scraps that I knew worked well together, and made three wonky log cabin-ish type squares. Used Photoshop to create a few versions for a baby quilt, and I went with the easiest one I could come up with (hey I’m just learning as I go along). I think I have enough fabric to make nine more wonky squares. Hope it turns out better that the blue cheese quilt I made last year.

1 comentario:

susan dijo...

i really like those fabrics. it looks so cute. i am like you, i dont have much scraps because i use them.